Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pink colored MacBook Air Review

I've just gotten a Pink MacBook Air to replace my ten month old MacBook Pro and I really like it. So considerably actually that I thought I'd do a fast critique.

I was often place off by the original MacBook Air, I think from the main because of its poor performance (compared with all the Pro model) and frequently reported overheating issues. The old MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air comparison constantly, for me at least, fell in favour in the former machine.

On looks alone the new model is a winner and also though my MacBook Pro was less than a year old I couldn't resist the new super-slim profile and far more present day style of Apple's latest notebook.

Pink MacBook Air
You might have noticed that my new MacBook is Pink! This is not a regular color, or even a color Apple provide on their web site or in their shops. It can be designed by Colorware from a regular machine and offered a bespoke (and gorgeous) vibrant pink finish. This might not be a option for those wanting to blend into the crowd, but it definitely gets lots of comments and admiring looks.

MacBook Air Power
Following only some hrs of use I knew that it wasn't just the excellent looks and spectacular pink exterior that did it for me. This issue is quick, a lot quicker than either what I expected and what the specification sheet told me. With an Intel Core two Duo Apple have avoided use from the much newer Core i3, i5 and i7 range of processors, which can be a surprise to me as, as a result of their much more efficient nature, they would generate much less heat and use much less battery power. Also, their integrated graphics chips would surely help with packaging in such a minuscule machine.

Despite not acquiring the newest generation hardware, this machine in no way feels lacking in power, something which could not often be stated of the authentic Air. This really did surprise me, but I am coming straight from a 1.86 GHz Core two Duo powered Pro model and the Air feels considerably faster, despite getting the identical chip clocked in the very same speed. This goes to show that potential consumers shouldn't let the specification page place you off as it isn't all what's seems.

Another point to note is that the original Air ran under-clocked so that you can try and alleviate the heat problems, so regardless of similar specification this may possibly explain some of the leap in efficiency versus the original MacBook Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment